COMMON FRANCHISING FAQS
The Answers You Need
1. WHAT IS THE FRANCHISEE FEE?
The Franchisee shall pay a non-refundable one time sum of Rs. 4 lacs + GST as Franchisee Fee. The Franchisee shall also pay Rs.50,000 as interest free security deposit which is refundable.
2. WHAT DOES THE FRANCHISEE FEE INCLUDE?
The Franchisee fee includes getting associated with the brand and using the brand’s name as a franchisee
3. ARE THERE ANY PROMOTIONAL FRANCHISEE FEE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE?
No. The franchise fee is non-negotiable. We don’t offer any offers on franchise fee.
4. WHAT WILL BE THE VALIDITY OF THE FRANCHISEE AGREEMENT ?
The agreement will be valid for 20 years which is renewable after every 5 years. Documentation & Renewal fee is Rs. 10,000/-
5. HOW MUCH DOES THE STORE SET-UP COSTS?
The store set-up costs approximately Rs. 20 lacs for a 250 sq ft carpet outlet.
6. DO WE NEED TO PAY ANY ROYALTY?
Yes, 10% royalty is charged on the net sales.
7. HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO FIND GOOD PROPERTY? WILL YOU ASSIST IN FINDING IT?
Within 30-45 days of signing of the franchise agreement. Yes, we will assist in finding the best location.
8. “I HAVE MY OWN PROPERTY.” CAN I START JUMBOKING THERE?
Yes. We can check if it suits the Jumboking’s criteria.
9. IS JUMBOKING INTERESTED IN DEVELOPING NEW RESTAURANTS IN NON-TRADITIONAL LOCATIONS SUCH AS AIRPORTS, MILITARY BASES, TRAVEL PLAZAS AND UNIVERSITIES?
Yes, we do have outlets at Mumbai International Airport, Metro Stations. We are happy to open outlets in non-traditional locations depending upon the feasibility.
10. WHAT IF THE BUSINESS/SALES DOESN’T PICK-UP?
We will assist in relocation of the store. Transfer or replacement of franchisee.
11. AM I GUARANTEED SUCCESS IF I BUY A FRANCHISEE?
No. A franchisor gives the franchisee an opportunity to follow the business system that the franchisor has proved to be successful. Your success as a franchisee highly depends on the commitment you give to the business
12. WILL I GET HELP FROM FRANCHISOR TO RUN MY BUSINESS?
We will assist and guide you to run the business.
13. CAN I BUY MORE THAN ONE FRANCHISEE
Yes, you can. Once you are settled in 1st store you can go for 2nd store.
14. WILL YOU GIVE ANOTHER FRANCHISEE NEAR MY LOCATION?
Subzones have been decided, accordingly the stores will be placed.
15. IF MY STORE IS SHUT DOWN, WILL I GET ANY REFUND?
Yes. You will get Rs.50,000 of your refundable security deposit provided all dues are clear.
16. DO YOU HAVE ANY LOAN PROCESS?
We don’t recommend to do business on loan.
17. CAN I GET PARTNERS TO RAISE THE MONEY FOR THE FRANCHISE?
Avoid partnerships, but if it becomes necessary, make sure you are the majority shareholder to speed up decision-making. There are endless cases of business partnerships turning sour – even those forged by family members.
18. CAN I TAKE THE FRANCHISE AGREEMENT AND SHOW IT TO MY LAWYER?
Yes. By all means! It is your right as an applicant to seek legal advice.
19. WHAT IS THE TRAINING PROCESS OF FRANCHISEE?
Franchisees are given 3 days class room training followed by a 12 days practical training. After the training, the franchisee have to appear for a test and it’s compulsory for them to pass the test.
20. ARE FRANCHISEES EXPECTED TO ACTIVELY WORK IN STORE?
Yes. Franchisees are expected to work in store. This is an important factor in the success of our stores.
21. HOW IS THE STAFF RECRUITED?
We will assist in supplying trained staff.
22. HOW MANY STAFFS ARE NEEDED TO MANAGE THE STORE? WHAT ARE THEIR SALARIES?
4 staff will be needed. Salary ranges from Rs. 8000 to Rs.12000.
23. WHAT KIND OF PROMOTION OR MARKETING ACTIVITY IS DONE AT STORE LEVEL?
Various activities including posters, table tops, standees are kept for promotion at the store.
24. CAN I SELL ANY OTHER PRODUCT APART FROM JUMBOKING PRODUCTS?
No, unauthorized/ unapproved products are not allowed to be sold at the store.
25. AFTER START OF STORE OPERATIONS, WILL SOME AUDIT OR MYSTERY CHECK HAPPEN AT MY STORE?
Yes, we do conduct audits at the store. Surprise audits also happen.